Herbalife, a premier global health and wellness company, has unveiled its second Global Sustainability Report: “Live Your Best Life,” highlighting its impactful initiatives between 2021 and 2022. This report offers transparency into the company’s sustainable practices across three key areas: quality products, healthy people and communities, and a thriving planet.
Stephen Conchie, Regional President for Asia Pacific and China at Herbalife expressed how the report underscores their dedication to embedding sustainability into their business globally. He emphasized that their mission is to cater to the evolving needs of distributors, customers, employees, investors, and communities while contributing to improved health and wellness on a global scale.
Herbalife’s Global Sustainability strategy revolves around environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and transparent governance practices. This strategy is not only shaped by stakeholder priorities and enterprise risks but is also aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In 2022, Herbalife engaged in a formal stakeholder assessment to gain insights into its sustainability performance and priorities, enhancing transparency and reporting. This assessment allowed the company to identify crucial sustainability issues they faced.
The Herbalife 2021-2022 Global Sustainability Report outlines achievements in the three priority areas:
- Launched approximately 700 products globally, including 40 across 14 Asia Pacific markets.
- Maintained recognition as the world’s #1 brand for Weight Management and Well-being, as well as Health Shakes.
- Garnered over 40 awards and honors for product quality, including Symbol of National Quality certification in Taiwan and Gold Products for Public Health recognition in Vietnam.
- Received the Customers’ Most Trusted Brand Award in the functional health food category in Korea.
- Received 10 awards for their HN Grow mobile app, which educates independent distributors.
- Partnered with governmental organizations in Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, and India to promote campaigns on obesity and noncommunicable disease prevention.
- Expanded nonprofit partnerships for over 20 health wellness and nutrition programs worldwide.
- Over 4,000 children across eight Asia Pacific markets participated in the Herbalife STAR Program to cultivate healthy habits.
- Reduced 322 metric tons of virgin plastic from product packaging by integrating 25% recycled materials into select markets.
- Recycled 5,475 metric tons of plastic and materials from sales and distribution centers in over 30 global markets.
- Entered a two-year global responsibility partnership with Plastic Bank to prevent plastic pollution in oceans, with a focus on Indonesia.
- Encouraged plastic recycling through the Simply Recycle Challenge across Asia Pacific markets, leading to 1,421 trees planted through One Tree Planted.
Additionally, the Herbalife Nutrition Foundation (HNF) continues to provide nutrition and education for children and communities, thanks to support from the company’s distributors and employees. In 2022, HNF granted US$5.12 million to 178 local organizations, including US$1.2 million to 41 charity organizations in the Asia Pacific, benefiting 229,000 children worldwide.
Herbalife’s Global Sustainability Report can be viewed in full here.