hayu – the all-reality, on-demand subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service from NBCUniversal International, has launched in the Philippines. The service is available direct-to-consumer on a full array of devices: mobile, tablet and web via hayu.com; hayu has simultaneously expanded to Singapore and Hong Kong.
Targeting the broad base of viewers who are fans of the reality genre, hayu combines a unique user experience with the best in over-the-top (OTT) technology. The streaming service includes content from 250+ shows, the majority of which debuts on the service the same day as they premiere in the US. The exciting collection of full shows and series available from the very beginning means that users can catch up from the start.
- hayu delivers top NBCUniversal reality content in one place
- It’s big. With over 7,000 full episodes of your favourite reality TV shows – including Keeping Up with the Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Dance Moms, Million Dollar Listing and Vanderpump Rules – streamed from one place
- It’s available on multiple devices. Users can access hayu on mobile, tablet and web
- It’s easy to sample. Users can start off with a one- month free trial
- It costs less than milk tea. The subscription is 149PHP a month. No contract
Beyond being the single source for top reality content, the personalised service offers users the ability to download their favourite reality shows to view on the go, without access to the internet. This means subscribers can watch episodes of their favourite shows anywhere from their daily commutes to the gym or the beach. Search functionality and targeted content recommendations mean users can discover endless hours of content to binge on with quick access to their favourite shows and categories.
hayu launched in the UK, Ireland and Australia in March 2016, followed by Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark in November 2017. The most recent territory expansion includes Canada in September 2018 followed by the Benelux in December 2018.