The Philippines and Singapore have always had a close relationship. As both countries celebrate the 50th year of diplomatic relations this year, Singapore will be bringing its best fashion, food and lifestyle products to Manila for the first-ever Singaporium pop-up on September 6 to 15, 2019 at The Podium Mall, Ortigas Center. It is organized by Enterprise Singapore, the government agency helping Singapore companies to grow and globalize.
Experience what it’s like to eat and shop in the sunny island state without even having to book a flight! Here’s how you can make the most out of what Singaporium has to offer:
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, and bring an empty stomach. There will be 17 booths to explore – 10 fashion and lifestyle brands, and seven food and beverage booths – so try to your hearts’ content. (We’ve included more details about the brands below so you can decide which ones to check out first!)
- A major raffle prize is at stake – you can win a trip for two to Singapore! All you have to do is visit Singaporium anytime from September 6 to 15, 2019 and complete the simple tasks indicated on the activity card. Once you’ve completed all the tasks, drop your raffle stub at the designated drop off and stay tuned for announcement of the winner on the last day of the pop-up.
- Daily visitors will also get the chance to take home special prizes from participating brands, or merchandise exclusively customized for the pop-up!
- If you’re a fan of pairing good food and retail therapy with good music, Manila’s up-and-coming jazz, soul, funk band, Extrapolation will be there on the evening of September 6, 2019 to get everyone in a celebratory mood.
SINGAPORIUM BRAND GUIDE
Lifestyle & Retail Pleasure
- Klosh. If you have a penchant for home decor, stationery, and accessories or want to get a headstart on your Christmas shopping, put Klosh on your must-check out list. Klosh sources its eclectic mix of gift and lifestyle items from Singapore and around the world.
- Mighty Jaxx. Mighty Jaxx is an award-winning design studio that specializes in developing art collectibles. It is best known for collaborating with renowned artists from all over the world and creating limited-edition collectibles. For the first-ever Singaporium in Manila, Mighty Jaxx will produce limited-edition collectibles designed by Quiccs, a Manila-based illustrator, toy designer, and graffiti artist.
- Play Nation. Play Nation is a premier entertainment café in Singapore that offers not only coffee and filling munchies but also games – from console to board. Play Nation opened its first branch in U.P. Town Center last year. But if you’re among those who haven’t found the time to make the journey to Quezon City, you can check out its booth at Singaporium.
- Benn. Benns is known for its range of thoughtfully curated, artisanal chocolates. The recipe and ingredients are kept simple – cacao nibs, cocoa butter, and unrefined cane sugar, allowing the unique tasting notes of each bar of chocolate to take centerstage.
- KrisShop. KrisShop is the travel-retail arm of Singapore’s iconic Singapore Airlines (SIA). KrisShop offers an extensive selection of over 2,000 products on their website, KrisShop.com, ranging from cosmetics and fragrance to electronics and exclusive co-branded items.
- OSIM. OSIM designs and retails wellness and healthcare products, and is most notable for its indulgent neck massagers and massage chairs. The brand is committed to being a one-stop health and wellness shop and is currently serving the Philippines market through its flagship office.
- Our Second Nature. Our Second Nature is a clothing brand that focuses on creating comfortable, everyday wear. Its collections feature fun, vibrant prints and clean lines that can be worn from casual to formal occasions without the need for an outfit change.
- Porcelain. Porcelain is a skincare and face spa company that offers personalized skin solutions. It is known for its three-step skincare approach – detox, regenerate, and protect – which is evident in its skincare products and spa treatments. It has cleansers, toners, serums, moisturizers, masks, and even white tea, all of which are borne out of customer-centric research and development designed to be built into a holistic and personal experience.
- Her Velvet Vase. Her Velvet Vase is a clothing brand that believes specially designed and curated items play a huge role in the creation of fond memories and beautiful experiences. The brand sources its clothing and accessories from all over the world. It also has pieces that are designed in-house.
- Bynd Artisan. Bynd Artisan is known for its high-quality, customizable paper and leather goods. The company is built upon the legacy of the founder’s grandfather, who established Singapore’s oldest bookbindery in the 1940s.
- Wolf Burgers. Burger aficionados shouldn’t miss Wolf Burgers, a no-frills burger joint that prides itself on its affordable prices and fresh ingredients. It was opened by four folks with a shared passion for fresh food – launching in January 2016 and expanding to three more outlets in Singapore. First-timers can’t go wrong with their signature Wolf Burger.
- Jumain Sataysfaction. Jumain Sataysfaction started as a family-run satay hawker business. It is known for its traditional way of preparing satay – traditional skewered meat grilled over slow-burning charcoal. This method allows its unique blend of more than a dozen herbs and spices to infuse into the meat, making for a satisfactory satay dish.
- Yeo’s. Yeo’s is a renowned Singapore beverage brand with presence globally. The brand offers a range of ready-to-drink tea, soy drinks, juices and 100% coconut water, all created to showcase Asian flavours.
- Ming Fa. Ming Fa began by selling fishballs made from 100% fish meat along the streets of Singapore’s Chinatown in 1946. Today the company has grown its manufacturing and retail businesses with outlets all over Singapore, Jakarta and Indonesia. Ming Fa’s signature products include its minced pork noodles, laksa, chicken cutlet noodles, and of course, its fishball noodles.
- Collin’s. Collin’s is known for its extensive range of Asian-inspired Western dishes. Created to feature a distinctive blend of Southeast Asian spices, Collin’s best-selling dishes include Asian Seafood Spaghetti, Chicken Baked Rice with Cream Spiced Tomato Sauce, and many others.
- Stuff’d. Stuff’d is known for its delicious Mexican and Turkish menu, including kebabs, burritos, and signature quesadillas. Its food, which is certified Halal, is made daily from scratch with fresh ingredients like avocados, legumes, and fresh vegetables.
- Wok Hey. Wok Hey aims to bring “zi char” – a uniquely Singaporean dining term that references Chinese cooked-to-order meals – to the Philippines with its array of mixed rice and noodle dishes. Priding itself to be the ‘master of the stir fry’, its food comprises high quality ingredients, at affordable prices.
With all these great Singaporean brands in Manila’s shores, you will have to block a day or two to fully explore everything (and return for seconds)!
Visit Singaporium from September 6 to 15, 2019 at The Podium Mall, Ortigas Center. For more information, make sure to follow @thepodiummall on Instagram or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thepodiummall/.