Today, Dell introduces new G series gaming laptop in the Philippines and its collaboration with Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man and The Wasp”. The new Dell G gaming laptops are designed and engineered for the gamer who prioritizes performance and excellent gameplay.
“We are ambassadors to the PC gaming world,” says Jay Ranola, Consumer Head, Dell Philippines. “From pushing the boundaries of innovation and creating systems for all gamers, we are enabling gamers of all levels to game at their best with these new affordable G Series line-up.”
Dell G Series, a robust new portfolio of affordable game-ready PCs
Building upon a fierce commitment to deliver gaming solutions for players of all levels and budgets, Dell is launching an expansive new suite of Windows 10 gaming PCs. Both feature gaming-forward design and snappy performance at affordable prices. These new game-ready laptops are equipped with powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10-Series GPUs, 8th Gen Intel® Core processors, thermal management solutions, intelligent content prioritization software, MaxxAudio Pro speakers, full HD anti-glare IPS panels, and other complementary features intended to get gamers fully immersed into their games.
Dell G3 15
- Comes in 15-inch size, Dell G3 15 laptop is powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, and come in either 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 or Intel® Core™ i7 CPUs
- The Dell G3 15 system features dual fans and up to two hard drives
- The laptop’s 2×2 WiFi antenna design provides great wireless performance, while the SmartByte software prioritizes gaming and video content keeping them smooth, even during large file downloads
- All encased in a refined performance inspired design and a silky matte exterior finish, the laptops boast a sleek 22.7mm (15) profile encouraging gaming-on-the-go
- Dell G3 15 is Dell’s thinnest gaming laptop to date and will offer three color options (Black, Recon Blue, Alpine White)
Dell G7 15
- For those seeking a step-up in performance from the Dell G3 systems, the Dell G7 15 comes in a sleek 25mm thin 15-inch chassis, with GPU options up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPUs with powerful Max-Q design technology
- The system comes in CPU options of 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processors with up to 6-core performance and dedicated graphics memory5 of up to 6GB GDDR5
- The Dell G7 15 system features dual fans and up to two hard drives
- Killer 1×1 networking optimization (supporting up to 2×2) or SmartByte software responsively prioritize content downloads for liquid smooth gaming and streaming
- Designed to push heat and noise away from the user, Dell equipped a front air intake and rear exhaust vent to the laptops’ frames to keep players cool, and able to game longer
Dell technology helps bring visual effects to life in Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man and The Wasp”
Meanwhile, with similar fan bases, the two companies will come together to bring excitement around technology into pop culture. From Ant-Man’s and The Wasp’s suits to Hank Pym’s Lab, technology plays a lead role throughout the film.
“What’s great about this partnership is that it allows our on-screen tech to become a bit more tangible to viewers,” said Mindy Hamilton, Marvel’s Senior Vice President of Global Partnerships & Marketing. We might not be able to replicate Hank Pym’s advancements quite yet, but we hope that the film inspires people to continue pushing the boundaries of what’s possible just like our heroes do.”
This exciting collaboration extends behind the camera, where Dell hardware plays a vital role in creating the visual effects in the film. Marvel Studios enlisted VFX vendors, several of which utilized a breadth of Dell technologies, including Dell EMC PowerEdge servers, and Dell Precision workstations, as the core infrastructure to provide the immense computing power and storage capacity necessary for visual effects designers to bring the movie’s characters and places to life.
Among others, artists at the VFX studio DNEG, who worked on Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man and The Wasp,” rely on Dell Precision workstations for front-end operations. Dell’s Precision line is a leader in the industry, allowing creators to edit and create in new storytelling methods. In the company’s Vancouver studio alone, more than 300 Dell Precision workstations are used to create compelling effects. Imagine an adrenaline-fueled car chase through San Francisco, moments of Ant-Man and The Wasp shrinking, or an intricate lab scene featuring Ghost phasing in and out of walls – technologies from Dell help make these ideas reality.
The full list of Dell technology DNEG leveraged to create the film includes:
- Dell Precision 7910 workstations
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R630 rack servers with MD3460 RAIDs
- Dell EMC PowerEdge M1000e Blade Server Enclosures
- Hundreds of Dell monitors
Dell’s new technology stars in the film
Technology plays an integral role in Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man and The Wasp,” so it’s fitting that fans will be able to see the new Dell G5 15, a powerful gaming laptop that enables great in game-performance and stunning visuals, and the award-winning XPS 13, on the big screen as the film hits theaters. In the film, Dell devices make several appearances in settings like Hank Pym’s lab and at the X-CON security offices.
“We are thrilled to team up with Marvel Studios on Ant-Man and The Wasp and demonstrate the super powers of technology,” said Gerri Tunnell, Senior Vice President, Client Solutions Marketing at Dell. “There are a lot of similarities between our brands and fan bases. For example, our goal is to empower our customers, from gamers to visual effects artists, with high-performance technology to drive human progress just like Ant-Man and The Wasp rely on tech to make the world a better place.”
STEM Learning Made Easy with Dell and Marvel University
Dell technology will also be incorporated in Marvel University’s “Ant-Man and The Wasp” video series, which talks about science and technology behind Marvel comics, characters and concepts in a fun and engaging way. The series, which will include numerous videos featuring host John Urschel, will present STEM concepts using comic book iterations of the Marvel heroes. Marvel will release one video every few weeks, launching June 27 on Marvel.com. Dell is featured in the three videos exploring the following topics:
- Episode 1: Marvel showcases the strength of ants and how Ant-Man’s suit is designed to also adhere to this incredible strength
- Episode 2: Marvel explores the connection between real-life wasps and that of Marvel’s comic book character, The Wasp, and how certain species of wasps have the ability to fly up to 30mph
- Episode 3: Marvel takes a deeper look at a few principles of nanotechnology from the “Ant-Man and The Wasp” comics and talks about how they apply to technology created today
Marvel custom comic book
Ant-Man and The Wasp fans can now enjoy even more Ant-Man and The Wasp adventures with an exclusive custom comic featuring Dell computers. The comic will be distributed both digitally on marvel.com/dell and on Dell social channels
Dell Premium Support Services
All Dell consumer client solutions are equipped with Premium Support Service, a service that packs the most features in one support plan. It’s enhanced with features that include virus removal, repairs for accidents and automated PC health-optimizing scans to keep PC running at its best.
Premium Support comes with SupportAssist, Dell’s exclusive technology that helps make managing PC easier. Users can unlock its maximum performance when they select it.
Users will also have expert help from a team that’s ready to deliver personalized, one-on-one support for nearly any hardware or software issue. Whether it’s setting up parental controls, backing up data, or optimizing your hard drive and software settings to get that like-new performance from the PC, Dell experts are ready to tackle the challenges users might face.
Premium Support includes:
- 24×7 direct access to expert hardware and software phone support
- Onsite support after remote diagnosis
- Repairs for accidental damages like drops, spills and electrical surges
- Collaborative help to resolve everyday software issues
- Personalized help with software for more complex issues, or for help with setting data backup, parental controls, and more
- International support
- Parental control software support
- SupportAssist technology-enabled features to:
- Proactively find issues and contact Dell while notifying users
- Predict problems before they start
- Remove viruses and malware
- Optimize PC performance automatically
This service is accessible nationwide and customers can easily call Dell’s Hotline at 1800 1601 0061 (Toll-Free) or 00632-8830677 (Non Toll-Free) to access this service. The Dell G-series is also protected by Dell Accidental Damage, which ensures onsite repair services needed to restore the device to working order. For further information, please visit www.dell.com/premiumsupport.
- Dell G3 15 are available now starting at PHP 49,990.00
- Dell G7 15 are available now starting at PHP 58,990.00
About Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and The Wasp
From the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes “Ant-Man and The Wasp,” a new chapter featuring heroes with the astonishing ability to shrink. In the aftermath of “Captain America: Civil War,” Scott Lang grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a Super Hero and a father. As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside The Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from the past.
“Ant-Man and The Wasp” is directed by Peyton Reed and stars Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Peña, Walton Goggins, Bobby Cannavale, Judy Greer, Tip “T.I.” Harris, David Dastmalchian, Hannah John-Kamen, Abby Ryder-Fortson, Randall Park, with Michelle Pfeiffer, with Laurence Fishburne, and Michael Douglas.
Kevin Feige and Stephen Broussard are producing with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Charles Newirth and Stan Lee serving as executive producers. Chris McKenna & Erik Sommers, Paul Rudd, Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari wrote the screenplay. “Ant-Man and The Wasp” hits Philippine theaters on July 4, 2018.
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy-five years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit marvel.com. © 2018 MARVEL