As we settle into the -ber months, it’s time to start thinking of your Christmas list. If you’re at a loss as to how to spread joy to your loved ones during the holidays amidst a pandemic, who better to ask for advice than one of the Philippines’ Christmas icons, Jose Mari Chan?
The musician, who has been Shopee’s Christmas ambassador since 2018, shares that the important thing is to imbue the true spirit of Christmas. “This pandemic may have completely changed our shopping habits, but one thing remains the same—every chance you get to show kindness, do so. Whatever you give doesn’t have to be a big amount.”
Begin your holiday shopping at Shopee’s Sep 30 Payday Sale and keep these other tips from Jose Mari Chan in mind:
- Take advantage of the convenience and accessibility of online shopping. Like plenty of Filipinos, Jose Mari Chan prefers to shop online these days, from gifts to basic necessities and healthcare products. “Instead of taking public transport or driving to a store, you can purchase from Shopee while staying at home.” Aside from enjoying the safety and convenience, he adds that users get to help out other Filipinos. “You’re doing not only yourself a favor. You also continue to support small businesses, manufacturers, and delivery services.”
- Always check for free shipping and other promos to make shopping more worthwhile. Jose Mari Chan reminds users to keep an eye out for vouchers, especially during Shopee’s big sales. At the upcoming Sep 30 Payday Sale, for instance, users can enjoy free shipping with no minimum spend, 30% bills cashback, and 30% off vouchers. Stack vouchers for bigger discounts. Jose Mari Chan says, “What more can you ask for? I assure you, when you purchase on Shopee, you will always be able to get the best deal.”
- Go cashless for safe and convenient transactions. Start opting for contactless payment methods for safe and convenient payments. Use ShopeePay, Shopee’s all-in-one e-wallet, to Buy Load, Pay Bills & Scan to Pay. At Shopee’s Sep 30 Payday Sale, enjoy ShopeePay-exclusive promos such as up to 50% off on mobile load; 30% bills cashback from Meralco, Maynilad, PLDT, and over 60 other billers; and ShopeePay ₱1 Deals from Puregold, Potato Corner, Seaoil, and more. For account security, Jose Mari Chan adds, “Change your ShopeePay PIN regularly and do not share it with anyone to prevent unauthorized purchases.”
- It’s better to plan ahead and organize your Christmas list early on. Jose Mari Chan shares that he and his wife are early birds when it comes to holiday shopping. He advises users to follow this principle and plan ahead. “List down some important people whom you want to cheer up, then browse online to see what items you can give. Do it early. If you leave it up to the last minute, you might make some impulse purchases or even overspend,” he says.
- Put more heart into picking gifts to make it more meaningful. Feeling stumped about gift ideas? Here’s a piece of advice from Jose Mari Chan: try to come up with gifts that hold meaning for the recipient. “For the past years, my wife and I have been giving each other a common gift that we’d both agree on prior, such as items we need for the home. I would also ask special friends if they have a favorite charity, and I would donate in their name as a gift.”
The musician concludes that as he gets older, he derives more pleasure from giving than receiving. “When you receive, it’s just a moment’s pleasure. When you give, it lasts longer. When you give out of kindness, love, charity, and generosity, the impact will last for many years.”
Get gift ideas at Shopee’s Sep 30 Payday Sale: https://shopee.ph/m/payday-sale.
Download the Shopee app for free via the App Store or Google Play.