The Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines (IMMAP) elected their 2018 officers during the first Board meeting of the year, held January 9 at the MullenLowe office.
Officers for this year are: Google Country Head Ken Lingan-President; Unilever Head of Media-Dennis Perez-Vice president for Internal; Nestlé Phils. AVP and Digital Marketing Manager Karen Alba-Alday-Vice-president for External; JWT Manila Managing Director Golda Roldan-Secretary; and eLearning Edge President Hans Eric Roxas Chua-Treasurer.
Said Lingan, “Thank your for vote of confidence. I’ve invested two years in the Board, and I must say that what really inspires me is the amazing people in this group. And, more so is the leadership of Margot Torres. It’s very inspiring how (she has) taken IMMAP from where it was many years back to where it is today.”
Lingan is the Country Manager for Google Philippines and has been leading Google’s initiatives in the Philippines in the last 2 years. He looks over the growth of Google’s online advertising business in various sectors like Telecoms, Travel, Finance, E-commerce, and FMCG. He has more than 16 years of experience in marketing and brand development which includes stints as Vice President for Deodorants and Grooming in Southeast Asia, Marketing Director in the Gulf Region and Regional Brand Director in Asia. He graduated from Ateneo de Manila University with a degree in Management Engineering.
“These are very exciting times for 2018. We’re standing on the shoulders of all the efforts done. There’s so much more that we could be. I really look forward to working with this ExCom, and the Board,” he added.
Below are the IMMAP top 5 priorities for 2018:
- Continue to Drive Thought Leadership for the Industry
– IMMAP aims to be the digital marketing authority in the PH. This will be our core priority and mission for our members.
– The IMMAP Digital Measurement Board’s thrust this year is about ensuring Application and Adoption of the DMB’s E2 framework and addressing the other areas of digital measurement where we need to provide a POV for the industry
- Widen IMMAP’s impact by reaching out to other segments and organizations
– We believe on the power of digital marketing to create value and we would want every business every sector and organization in the Philippines to fully leverage what digital marketing can offer.
- Build IMMAP’s digital owned assets to better serve its members
– As we grow our members and our number of initiatives, we should also be investing in IMMAP as in organization not just in terms of personnel but also on capability.
– In 2018, we will be relaunching our Digital Assets and work with different partners to fully maximize our channels to educate and engage our members.
- Create a better and safer Internet for every Filipino
– Whilst our core mission revolves around digital marketing, we also believe that we need to nurture and support the overall digital ecosystem in the Philippines.
– As part IMMAP’s Advocacy, we are committing to help educate our young Pinoys on cybersafety through our partnership with DepEd, and Stairway Foundation, in collaboration with our partners, Ace Saatchi & Saatchi, JWT and MullenLowe
- Support the Digital Marketing Ecosystem in the Philippines by influencing policy and increasing the talent pool of the industry
– We will work with organizations such as the ASC in shaping policy and guidelines that truly recognizes and support the nuances of digital marketing.
– We will also work with the Academe to build a 3 unit course on Digital Marketing including certifications which will not only provide employment opportunities for students who take this course but also increase the digital marketing talent pool for the Philippines.